Announcements

• Congratulations to the winners of our Gender Equality Op-Ed Competition! Head to the blog to see the list of winners and finalists, along with commentary from Guest Judge Vee Kativhu.
    about 5 hours ago
  • Our Climate Change Writing Competition is live! Write a personal narrative piece about the impact that climate change has on you, your community and your sense of the future, and you could win cash prizes as well as a feature on our blog and social media. Submissions are due October 18—find out more and enter here!
    about 24 hours ago
  • "I remember the mermaids that we would find in the greenbelt, where the monsoons made pools. We would scoop up the squirming babies— no bigger than a thumbnail— and take them home in our water bottles."

This week's Wednesday Words pick is 'Sonoran' by A Certain Type of Decisive (US). This piece was a response to our "Rewriting Your Childhood" prompt, which encouraged writers to imagine the experiences of their childhood through a fantastical lens. Read it here!
    2 days ago
  • Calling all young writers,

Would you like to test drive the new and improved Write the World?! We have been working behind the scenes to update our website and we would love you to be the first to try it out! If you're interested in being involved, please add your details here and we'll be in touch soon with more information,

The Write the World Team
    4 days ago
  • Our Climate Change Writing Competition is NOW OPEN! Write an original piece of personal narrative that details your own experience with climate change. How has this crisis changed your environment, your community, your sense of the future? Storytelling has the power to help us cope with fear – and inspire action. Entries are due October 18th, and be in the first 100 to submit your draft by October 10th for an Expert Review. Get all the details and enter here!
    4 days ago