All writing published for Tracy's Tiger

Published writing

golden_rose (Canada) published:

Oh, Her Dears

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

The woman was weeping as she crawled along the sullied road, on the bones of her knees and the heels of her palms. She scraped her fingers against the pebbles in desperation, an anguished wail pressing its way up through her strained throat and flailing into the heavy gloom clouding the air. She couldn’t find them, the treasures she had kept so carefully in that jar, with its lid cleaned from grime, whose gritty shards were now nestled into the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

10
2

Extrasweet (United States) published:

Written in the Stars

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

The only thing I see in the midnight sky are the stars. I don't notice the darkness. Why notice the dark when there are stars that shine brightly anyways? Every night, I see the stars and point to them. I turn to my friends and say, "Look! Can you see the stars?"
    All I get for an answer is the shakes of their heads.
    "You really can't see them?" I ask.
    "We...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

19

kentuckygirl (United States) published:

teal waves

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

——
I lean on my tiptoes to settle my body on the scratchy white paper covering the grey leather. With my movement creases spread over the paper like ripples over water. Denting the surface of the white under my skin. 
The nurse is sturdy in her white scrubs, feet planted, knees locked, shoulders back. She scribbles on her notepad and frowns. She is too young for so many lines to edge her skin. 
She flicks a glass vial, her pale...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 days ago

2

fallonidkanymore (United States) published:

Shouldering the weight (slight horror)

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

The world was quiet besides the soft whispers coming from the animal sitting on the young man's shoulder, its long tail wrapped around his right arm as he sat reading a book on a park bench. The creature was constantly talking, whispering ideas or comments at him, telling him what to do and what to say.
The creature seems to be unnoticed by anyone else, and he dared not tell anyone, last time he did he was sent to a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3 days ago

3

sweber55 (United States) published:

Undeserved

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

"LEAVE ME BE." She turns from me angrily. My mind panics and my whole-body lurches forward of its own accord. Oh no... But it is too late to stop it. My hand seizes her arm and pulls her back to face me. Her eyes are angry but have a bit of fear in them. But it is not entirely me she is fearful of. I am no longer in control as I watch my hand reach out to cup her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4 days ago

8

PrairieDog021 (Canada) published:

Fingers in The Clouds

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

"Where are you going Rea," Mother askes sternly, "and at this time of the day? Whatever it is, no."
"But Mommy, I haf to." Rea whines, her toddler lisp making itself clear.
"I just haf to mum, Haniel and da keys are waiting."
Mother takes on an exasperated tone, "No, Rea. Not today." She softens slightly and points out, "Haniel...or whoever, can wait till tomorrow, right?"
Offended that her mother would say such a thing, the little girl lashes out. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5 days ago

1

Taieba Tabassum (Bangladesh) published:

Dear No One

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Prologue 
She was looking at the mirror while listening to Dear No One by Tori Kelly. She looked beautiful in her eyes.
She thought, I wish someone would fall for me someday.
She was always the bystander. 
She didn’t have a chance of falling in love with someone. Well, she didn’t plan to, either. As time passed, she thought that love is better when it stays in storybooks - after confusing friendship and love and messing up pretty badly. Even...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6 days ago

vicʞie (Canada) published:

A Painting Hanging on the Wall...

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Ding dong.
The sound of the doorbell echoes through my head. Ding. The door opens, revealing my friend wearing all black. Dong. She smiles at me, ready to have our monthly movie night. I smile at her too, excited for the movie we will be watching today.
"Come in, Andrea!" She says hurriedly, "The movie today is quite long, and I would like to finish it."
I nod, reluctantly taking off my shoes and putting them by the entrance. Something...
Seeking Peer Reviews

7 days ago

AvidReader (Canada) published:

The Trip To Grandpa

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

They lived in the city. Towering skyscrapers touched the clouds, buildings loomed over one another, crammed tightly together like matchsticks. Roads were constantly jammed, and honking and screaming was just another background noise. Bright lights flashed from all sides, smells of fried food floating through the air. People ran through the streets, hoping to catch a cab. All motion seemed to be fast forwarded. It was New Yorks* : the city that never slept. 
They sat in the subway tunnel,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7 days ago

3
1

New-Gen Poet (Australia) published:

The Royal Realisation

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

I wonder. We humans study so much and read massive books simply to learn how to build houses, I wonder who teaches birds to build their sophisticated nests? Can you tell me?

What sort of knowledge do they have to apply to bring twigs from faraway lands to build their abodes and safely protect their young?

I wonder again. I wonder often. Though we solve a hundred mathematical equations to build our dwellings, perhaps sometimes all it needs for a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

8 days ago

New-Gen Poet (Australia) published:

The Royal Realisation

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Seeking Peer Reviews

8 days ago

1

benenanana (United States) published:

The Banana Is No More

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

School was out for the day, so while waiting for his friend Conner to come out, Theo sat on the ledge of a rock wall on his phone. He had nothing better to do, so he browsed his social media, liking random pictures. His stomach grumbled but he ignored it, scrolling on his phone some more.

"Hello!"

Theo ignored whoever it was, but they persisted.

"Hello! Hello? Hello? Hellooo!"

Theo finally whipped his head up and locked eyes with a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

8 days ago

4

Magic Blizzard (United States) published:

Pull

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

I step on the leaves, leaving a satisfying crunch to fill the air once more. I have made this journey many times, each time hoping to be the last, but alas, every week I feel this pull, this force pulling me closer and closer, unable to escape, unable to run, to scream for help. In fact, it makes me want to go, be there with her, as of she is an old friend who I haven't seen in months. But...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

Fatima Azimdjanova (Uzbekistan) published:

Trust your instincts

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Sam always loved going to school, but that day she didn't want to.She felt strange anxiety and her gut was telling her to not go. Still, she ignored it and went to school. She thought her inner self was mistaken, because that day she met a boy.He was really handsome and smart ,and Sam fall in love with him. They dated several months ,until she felt that anxiety again. She neglected it like the last time. "I feel bad ,but...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

4
1

Cailey Tarriane (Philippines) published:

The Flame That Never Dies

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

A flame that dances when its shaken gently,
A flame that chooses joy admist the reason for its creation,
to be a light that guides those who wander in dark places,
or are trapped in them inside their own lives, and homes,

this very flame was created in the first place because 
it was made to be strong during trials, and
shine brighter than those who threaten to dim its light.

A flame that goes down but rises up again,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

3

Yuji (China) published:

Strange island

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

I was drawn to a little land 
by the rhythm of these sands
Scattered and piled by entropy one can’t comprehend
What winds the enemy have blown into lives on the stand 
The crabs there scissored a lie 
But so does every creature’s breath
Haunted in veins the blood coils in machine gun apple seeds
Where dead crabs give swarming life to lively parasite feed
And my boat chases the tide 
Because heart smells loneliness ever so
Smiling faces beat...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

4
1

eva.ed (Australia) published:

The Wall Between Us is Made of Glass

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

The wall between us is made of glass.
Not brick, nor concrete; not frosted, nor tinted.
It is double-glazed and infinitely tall and stretches as far as the eye can see.
I look out at the world behind it, only to find a reflection of myself staring back.
I cup my hands around my ears and press against it, only to be greeted with a distant, faded, empty echo of your voice.
I scream, punch, kick, and cry, but the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

2

eva.ed (Australia) published:

The Wall Between Us is Made of Glass

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

The wall between us is made of glass.
I cup my hands around my ears and press against the glass, only to be greeted with a distant, faded, empty echo of your voice.
I scream, punch, kick, and cry, but...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9 days ago

OliviaGoldRose (United Kingdom) published:

My BestFriend

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

"Should we go down to the pier today?" He asks, his eyes dazzling as he hangs over my bed. 
I laugh, "Sure." 
I adjust my hair behind my ears and clip on my butterfly earrings, the ones that he got me for my birthday. 
"And then we could get pretzels?" He adds, flipping over so he's no longer upside down but instead just laid out on the bed with a smirk on his face. 
"You know you can't eat them,"...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

maybe__lea (United States) published:

A Gift

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Will could not paint or draw. The paintbrush and his mind never seemed to properly connect as what was on display on the cheap canvas resembled nothing of the portrait he envisioned in his head. 
    Yet he still found himself in the large air conditioned room of the local art museum. Despite not being able to produce any content, he still had a fascination for art and respect for all its creators. It was his lack of gifts that...
Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

Star_Gazer (United States) published:

Lila

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

Ally awoke as always with the morning sun shining brightly across her face, it didn't bother her though, she liked its warmth. She wanted to see it more but the bars on the window kept the suns full light out. Ally still remembers the day they took her away, she was only 8. Ally didn't have friends like other kids, she had only one, Lila. It was the two of them against the world, Ally couldn't even remember when or...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

1

AvidReader (Canada) published:

The Trip To Grandpa

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

They sat in the subway tunnel,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

11
1

Annie Locke (United States) published:

Honey Biscuit

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

"No thank you," Mr. Sey spoke, gently pushing the coins back into my palm. "It'll be free today." He smiled kindly to my parents.

"It was free last time, Mr. Sey!" I say.

My mother shushes me. "Quiet, Lianne," She looks around at the crowd along the streets. Several people watched as I placed my coins in my pocket. "Tell Mr. Sey 'thank you.'"

After I thank him, my father takes my hand and walks me to the car. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

3

Divineodelia (Nigeria) published:

Love at first flight

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but you don't believe it until now. Across the room is someone, someone you've come to acknowledge, someone no one appears to be looking at. He's dressed in a blue t-shirt and trousers that have a cut just on the knees; his hair is a perfect shade of blonde and it falls and drops on his shoulder. You try not to look but you have to.

"Emma, did you see...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10 days ago

2

F1fangirl (United States) published:

never left

PROMPT: Tracy's Tiger

People always asked me how I felt on the day Daniel died. I managed to mumble something coherent along the lines of, "It won't be the same." And it wouldn't. How could you go on after your boyfriend had died in a car crash at just 17? Especially your boyfriend who was also your best friend since birth. I would never look at cars in the same way.
    It felt like my insides had been hollowed out during...

Seeking Peer Reviews

11 days ago