FantasyOtter12

United States

He/him
ISFJ-T
Scorpio
Love dystopian fiction!
Musician/Producer/DJ
*Est. 7/6/20*
OtterFAMMM
Phlegmatic-Sanguine
Californian :)

Community Ambassador Alum

Message from Writer

~Joined with best friend mindfruit!

~WtW adopted by ze amazing Anne Blackwood ^-^

~ "A writer's job is to make the unclear clear and the clear unclear"
mindfruit 2020

~Caramel iced milk with boba and less ice please *-*

~Fav music genres -EDM-Deep House-Dubstep-Future Bass

Ambassador alumni friends -- thebookishfey, Blue Moons, Chai Tea, Ravi Tej Guntuku

~"The truth is a painful reminder of why I prefer to live among the lies."
-Aaron Warner, Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

~“Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.”
-Unknown

Edm.ame

October 11, 2021

PROMPT: Band Name

14
    Edm.ame is a group that specializes in Electronic Dance Music. The group is composed of 3 men in their early 30s. They perform late nights at clubs, raves, and the general underground party audience. The three met while having drinks at a Japanese bar. Two were already friends, both aspiring DJ musicians, and upon meeting and talking with the bartender, the trio began to bond through their love of electronic dance music. After conversing throughout the night, they decided to name their newly-formed band after their favorite bar snack, edamame. This day was 5 whole years ago. Now, they tour the world as a nighttime sensation.

The name Edm.ame could not be more perfect for this group. It symbolizes their heritage, music genre, and the appetizer that brought them together. The wordplay is evident in the name - the genre of EDM is combined with the word edamame, and there’s something special about that which no other group can replicate. Something about the name, maybe the dot in the middle, the wordplay, or the eccentricity of it all, definitely sticks out. It is something you can’t quite define. The whole energy of the band is thrilling, and everyone has a great time at their shows and productions.

The band name creates very contrasting images, because soybeans and partying don’t necessarily go together, but these DJs definitely make it work!

Print

See History
  • October 11, 2021 - 5:15pm (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

9 Comments
  • SunV

re: yes business is a constant right now, i'm in the middle of midterms at the moment. thanks for your comment, i'm so happy i got till here.
    also i know i've said it before but i'm so happy you got ca like it's so cool to think that one of you might respond to a prompt i created and then you'll get to create your own prompt that i will respond too!!!

12 months ago
  • SunV

This sounds like such a nice band! I'd love to read some of their lyrics ;)

How are you?

12 months ago
  • Chai Tea

WOAH, this is such a great exemplar! I saw you have 'musician' in your bio, so maybe you really should start this band, Edm.ame :)
    What instruments do you play?

12 months ago
  • Huba Huba

Heyyy! I'm back at WTW! How are things going? (Btw please review my newest piece of writing if you have time)

12 months ago
  • KanjiKat

If you'd like, could you review my piece The Rain (link here) https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/253412/version/545986

12 months ago
  • Writing4Life

Hey, I love this! This is really good for your first exemplar :) (this is your first exemplar, right?) This is such a clever wordplay as well!!

12 months ago
  • barelybear

Re (also): oooh should be pretty fun! I didn’t know anyone either, but I loved everyone’s accents lmaoo
    Also I swear I got 10000% more englishy in contrast

12 months ago
  • barelybear

Ahhh!!! This band is so coolll!! Ah ofc you like EDM but omg I have to see these 30-year-old DJs eating edamame
    Favourite line was definitely the quirky “It symboli(s)es their heritage, music genre, and the appeti(s)er that brought them together.”
    Re: So uh lol your comment was manyyyy days ago
    But yes omg *writing prompts is hard like oh my blast chiller fridge*
    Haha I remember one time I literally woke up at 1am the day it was due and finally got my inspiration, and wrote it down right then and there, on the post it notes by my bed (in the dark, so when I woke up, I saw it was all written on top of each other :P)
    Still, credit to you because you’ve done it!! I think this calls for a ton of cookies c: c: c:
    See ya (maybe in another 10 days oops)

12 months ago
  • eternal rue

whoa, that name is so well though out! ha I love the last sentence.
    hmmmmm I may have to think about this prompt...

12 months ago