The Dying Rose

United States

15 (??!)
she/her
weird things happen here
CA Alum
Lives with a crazy beagle and other creatures
Imagine Dragons fan
INFP-T
Need someone to talk to? Just drop a comment.
Est. April 2022

Message from Writer

Welcome to the land of misfit toys.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 90+ FOLLOWERS!

Everyone is allowed here. Except anyone who I am possibly related to. That means you too, Dad.

I love chocolate more than I can possibly describe. The same goes for ice cream.

My username definitely doesn't imply that I am a rose enthusiast.

Stephen Chbosky is a LEGEND.

Want a review? Just ask.

And check out and follow my fellow CAs:
i tried to be graceful, okay?
typos, many of them
WhoTalksLikeMe
AllisonHRedwood

Night of the Bleeding Moon

July 18, 2022

The bleeding moon floats above me, her once white face stained bloodred.

Why am I the only one who notices these things? The rest of my family is ohhing and ahhing at what they call a beauty; am I the only one who feels sad looking at her tortured face? Am I the only one who thinks that the moon has a face? I suppose it’s odd to think of the moon that way, but that’s how I see it; the moon’s craters are positioned in a way that they look like a woman’s face.

Her face has always been something that saddens me, mesmerizes me; her expression is one of hopeless sadness as she stares down at her sister’s children, watching them destroy the earth, fog up the atmosphere with the toxic fumes of their smoke-belching machines. I wish I could help her, take her face and paint a smile over her saddened frown; but how can I, when it is me against the world?

I have always felt saddened looking at the moon; but on that night, when her face was painted red with her blood – or maybe her sister’s? – the sadness threatened to overwhelm me. I wished for a better world, a world where the moon isn’t sad, bleeding; a world where we coexist with the planet, among ourselves harmoniously; a world where the moon doesn’t bleed with the toxic chemicals that we release into the atmosphere.

I still do.

I write for many reasons; but the night of the bleeding moon is the one that resonates with me the most. The moon may not have a voice, but I do.

So I will speak for her. I will be the voice for the bleeding moon.

Print

See History
  • July 18, 2022 - 6:01pm (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

6 Comments
  • Eblinn

This is profoundly beautiful!

4 months ago
  • mineForever

Re: Thanks for the nice review! I like how you wrote about pollution in a way that linked to nature and beauty. So poetic!

4 months ago
  • Holy_Grail

Beautiful!
    Everything about your piece is brilliant.

4 months ago
  • NightRain

Re: “anything the US government deems bad is actually really, really good”
    truer words have never been spoken.

4 months ago
  • typos, many of them

beautiful piece :)) i still really love the message of this and the way the ending ties the whole thing together

4 months ago
  • River Rae

I really like this piece!

Re: Wix seems like the best option. Currently no ideas but if I think of any I'll let you know.

4 months ago