The Song of a Thousand Girls

Australia

- Feminist who whole-heartedly believes that women should be seen as equal to men
- Christian girl <3
- Flautist <3

"Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, she stands up for all women." - Maya Angelou

Message to Readers

I AM A FEMINIST!
If you believe that women are no less than men are, you are too.
I want to make a difference and raise awareness of this issue through my writing. Please follow so I can make a difference in the future of women.
Love you guys <3

I AM A FEMINIST

August 8, 2022

FREE WRITING

4
"Young women are bombarded by images of perfection which no human being can really achieve."
Emma Watson

“I raise my voice not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
- Malala Yousafzai

"When did this world learn to sew the mouths of women shut? But they've been making us sew for generations. We know how to unpick a stitch."
- Me

Women deserve a voice, so we will shout until we are heard. We will shout no matter how many times our words are kicked in the dust. No matter how many times we're told to be seen rather than heard. We will shout until the women in today's society hold the most powerful seats in parliament. We will shout until women become the backbone of our community, because dang, we already are. So we will fight until men see it too.

We will fight until every man that lays a hand on a girl without their consent is lying in the dust. We will fight until make-up is no longer seen as a basic product all women should wear, and until being a stay-at-home dad while the woman of the house works becomes a normal thing that society accepts.

I'm telling you, we will fight.
All of us. The men, the women, and everything in between.
We will fight
Until the world learns to accept that we are women
And we cannot be suppressed.

Print

See History
1
  • August 8, 2022 - 5:56am (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

1 Comment
  • nervousbibliophile

i love the passion in this. i am also a strong feminist and this piece has me feeling more empowered. keep writing and stay strong! :D

2 months ago