Paisley Blue

United States

they/them | 6.2.2020
HSP | genderfluid | christian

author of "sun words" (ask me for details)

@blue_sun_writings

Message to Readers

having a beautiful beautiful afternoon and evening, so full of beauty inside that i'm overflowing/overflown. walked home from work today and it finally feels like fall!! cold front came in with the rain, and the air feels so good on my skin i couldn't stop spinning. work at a cafe, so my drink today was earl grey + steamed milk + lavender. i'm very much a lavender person, love it put it in everything. the telephone wires were a source of great joy for me today, full full full of the beauty they held, inexplicably (i tried to explain to my mother but she was just amused that i was spinning and grinning simply because of the way the wires looked). then it rained! smelled so good, like living. so beautiful.

highly recommend the song mentioned in the footnotes.

also i actually couldn't decide on the title so i just shmooshed my two ideas together and there you go. please love these words <33

telephone lines (cold front)

September 22, 2022

FREE WRITING

15

these are branches, my fingers,
that reach to the sky
and flutter in the dying summer,
grown tall and praying
and shivering like wild geese.
these are branches, my fingers,
and my smile dappling the shade,
for we who breathe are

tallest, stretching, when our leaves bleed
burgundy and orange-tipped veins.
these are branches and I
sip earl grey under the clouds
and you haven't heard me laugh, whispering,
since first snow.
my branches dancing I free
my mind from its summer-cage
and we sing our songs
by memory.

(lo-oh, we sing, 
la-oh, lo-oh).

9.21.2022

should have known better - sufjan stevens

Print

See History
  • September 22, 2022 - 9:33pm (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

10 Comments
  • mir

"my fingers,
    that reach to the sky
    and flutter in the dying summer,
    grown tall and praying
    and shivering like wild geese."

i feel so full. and reading this made me breathe deeper, and with more intention.
    <3

10 days ago
  • almost flora kane

re: thank you, love. how i've missed you and your wonderful writing.

14 days ago
  • solarflair

re: Haha I get that feeling of not having words that are big enough. That happens to me with music. I just stumbled upon this song called "Simulation Swarm." It might be the best song I've ever heard ngl, but it's so hard to write to for me.

And yeah! I've really been enjoying the direction your work has taken. It's different but a good type of different.

15 days ago
  • Yellow Sweater

Re: You are the sweetest! We will defiantly need to keep in touch after I age out (I still got a couple months though!). I'm going to need doses of your work as well!!!

15 days ago
  • abi's pov

also early grey + steamed milk + lavender sounds so good, ima try it sometime

16 days ago
  • abi's pov

paisleyyyy my dudeee, this is soo goood i cant even put it into words how much i love thisss it's like ffkck it's like pure joy and beauty and you describe it all well, this poem genuinely made me feel so much peace <3

16 days ago
  • NightRain

“ when our leaves bleed
    burgundy and orange-tipped veins. ”
    “ my branches dancing I free
    my mind from its summer-cage
    and we sing our songs
    by memory. ” autumn is my all-time favorite season, and this just captures it so perfectly. For some reason all your poems are published at the exact time I need to read them; this makes me so happy, it’s like I can absorb your beautiful day through your writing. Breathtaking, truly breathtaking.
    P.S. lavender is amazing, possibly my all-time fav color and scent as well :)

16 days ago
  • Yellow Sweater

That felt like taking a breath.

16 days ago
  • Yellow Sweater

"shivering like wild geese."

16 days ago
  • solarflair

Classic Paisley Blue W. This is some of your best work I think! That's cool that you have a job at a cafe, and walking home is always nice. For some reason, that's where a lot of good inspiration comes from.

16 days ago