typos, many of them

United States

tyler | 16

community ambassador alum
constantly seeking book recommendations

currently i love: post-it notes, the separation of church and state, and fictional librarians
current poem rec: (after god herself) by justice ameer

Message from Writer

Here are the other wonderful Community Ambassador Alums—
WhoTalksLikeMe
i tried to be graceful, okay?
AllisonHRedwood
The Dying Rose

Go check them out!

when i am thirteen, we go to the art museum

July 18, 2022

I want to touch the paintings, but that’s not allowed. This is what I look like — twitching fingers, beating heart, no comprehension of the pictures on the wall, only touch, touch, texture. I almost cry in the art museum and not because of the art, and you’re supposed to cry because of the art, not because you want to touch it. It feels like I am holding the sun behind my teeth and trying not to let the light out. I sit on a bench and I do not scream or fall on the floor. I clench my teeth and clasp my hands behind my back and examine the paintings with a smile, and all the while, the sun is collapsing on itself.

Print

See History
  • July 18, 2022 - 6:02pm (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

8 Comments
  • AllisonHRedwood

This is soooo good, Tyler! I can relate to this well (even now), haha.

4 months ago
  • Samsara

Beautiful and poetic :)
    Loved it!

4 months ago
  • Sydney H.

I am speechless...this is beautiful!

4 months ago
  • mindfruit

This simply blew me away. The emotions you wove into this piece…I felt it in every ounce of my body. The feeling you describe in the piece…it should’ve been difficult to put it into words but you did it in such an amazing and comprehensive way. Nice work!

Re: thank you so much for your feedback :)

4 months ago
  • Holy_Grail

Ugh... This is full of imagery and emotion. It's like I can feel that texture. And the phrase, "the sun behind my teeth and trying not to let the light out", is just wonderfully written.

4 months ago
  • NAMI

woah

4 months ago
  • Eblinn

Phenomenal. I love it

4 months ago
  • alexwarren

very nice
    good job

4 months ago