Solus

Singapore

16, her
Hey there!! Any constructive feedback is appreciated!
(Joined 6 Nov 2021)

I truly wish I had discovered this site earlier. Do expect random republishing.
(waku aka implausiette, you're a genius.)

Message to Readers

But the heart wants what it wants

Love petition

November 26, 2022

The heart the red box,
wrapping half-hearted,
treasure misplaced.
Will you long to laugh headless
in the roaring white winds?

the heart the red poem:
oh I am too young for love,
said the poet century-old 
and still breathing.
Will you bury yourself under a tower 
of dirt, stick a name in your heart
to utter and love
when miserable with rot?

the heart the red pill,
third eye of a strange god
willed into being by tapestries
hung in a poet’s home.
Will you allow my cat to
eat your crow? Then kiss
a mouse on its nose.

the heart the red monkey,
it glares across a glass terrarium  
and will not eat anything you throw at it
But will you be restless for me?
you have a lifetime to spare.

24 Nov
a lazy poem

Print

See History
  • November 26, 2022 - 5:22am (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

7 Comments
  • Eblinn

(reply) haha once again my piece is too vague (bc I always publish drafts& somehow think people will understand lol) but basically the part between parentheses is supposed to be the most important one= the narrator is thinking about too much and focusing on the negative while they should focus on calming down. So they "see" the words, but don't really read them in a way it could help them.

And yes, I'm watching the world cup! I'm sad my country is already out of the competition (they did not play well at all tbh), but sometimes I watch a match when I have the time (which isn't a lot haha). Are you watching? Did Singapore compete too?

2 days ago
  • Written_In_Water

This poem is stunning

6 days ago
  • Eblinn

(Reply) your view about English=godmother=adopting her daughters is really insightful! I had thought about this meaning too, but also played with the split of god/mother, suggesting that the flying woman "is my god, /mother." The daughter is talking to the mother(tongue), and calls english her god (and at the same time godmother). I don't see english as a god exactly, but more in the sense that it's foreign, some apsects probably ungraspable because it is not my native language. Also, the thought you added about chinese being the mother tongue in your country but not always in practice, definitely is a valuable addition to this whole concept.

9 days ago
  • Eblinn

"oh I am too young for love,
    said the poet century-old
    and still breathing."
    I absolutely love this! It's always so interesting when you read poetry from so long ago, their feelings immortalized.
    hung in a poet’s home.
    "Will you allow my cat to
    eat your crow? Then kiss
    a mouse on its nose."
    This is so whimsical I love it. But it also reminds me of Murakami, he writes a lot about cats in magical settings like these.
    The way you connected the heart to all these red objects is beautifully done!

9 days ago
  • Yuji

This is strangely a very eastern oriental poem.
    Re Thanks for the birthday celebration or whatever and the advice I will take to heart. It’s something I will try to make true now I am a little bit better.

10 days ago
  • typos, many of them

this is really beautiful! i like the second stanza especially :)

12 days ago
  • Zephyr

This is gorgeous~ you really made the best out of the prompt

12 days ago