Madison Lopez

United States

Abortion should be banned

March 20, 2018

Madison lopez
9 march 2018
World lit 
Williams 
Abortions need to be banned 
    Imagine waking up feeling sick and not knowing what it was, scared to tell your parents that you might be pregnant at only 16 years old, trying to think of all possible things it might be. You tell your friends and they get you a pregnancy test . You take it and it says your pregnant. You freak out you and tell your mom. She gets mad and tells you you have to have an abortion. You know in your mind that there is so many other possible ways for you to have this baby and give it up for adoption or to someone who can’t have kids . All you want is your baby to have a good home and a family that can give them a life you wish you could. This happens all around the world everyday , thousands of baby’s are killed and never get a chance at living life . Having an abortion is not the answer to and unplanned pregnancy.I believe abortions should be banned completely. 
   There are many many reasons why abortion should be banned , one of them is because abortion is murder and the baby can feel the pain.From the article “the cons of having an abortion” it states , “ The killing of an innocent human being is wrong, even if that human being has yet to be born.”(procons.org).  Having an abortion is killing a innocent baby. Although the baby isn't born yet they are still considered a human being. Having an abortion is just as bad as killing anybody else anyone that has an abortion should be punished for murder just like anyone else would.even though you think the fetus can’t feel the pain they can .According to Kanwaljeet J. S. Anand, MBBS, DPhil, Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology and Neurobiology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center“There is universal agreement that pain is detected by the fetus in the first trimester."
This shows that the baby’s are being hurt during the abortion. Not only are you killing the baby but your also hurting it to. 
     Another reason why abortion should be banned is because because it causes psychological damage. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health found that "Young adult women who undergo abortion may be at a higher risk for subsequent depression." (Scandinavian Journal of Public Health). this shows not only does abortion hurt the baby but it hurts the mother to and causes depression , anxiety and could possibly cause suicide from the guilt of them killing and hurting their  baby.when women carry the baby the develop a bond with them that they are just gonna take away from their self and the baby .
   On the other hand, people may argue that abortion is a constitutional right.
According to the article little known facts about roe v.wade , “The ruling rested on incredibly shaky legal reasoning, as the seven justices in the majority manufactured a mysterious “right to privacy,” discovered in the due-process clause of the 14th Amendment, to establish a woman’s right to choose abortion” ( DeSanctis 1). This quote shows that an amendment was created to protect women’s rights to having an abortion. Women could not be forced to keep a baby they don’t want or aren’t ready for. 
      In conclusion, abortions should be banned because they aren’t right. 
Abortion is murder , abortion is not only hurting the baby but can cause psychological problems and depression for the mother. There are so many options and steps you can take before deciding to get and abortion and kill your own baby. You can give it up for adoption or to a women that can’t have kids and will give your baby the life you wish you could give them. Think before you do it , is this the right thing to do? 

Print

See History
  • March 20, 2018 - 11:17am (Now Viewing)

Login or Signup to provide a comment.

3 Comments
  • Deleted User

I know this was over a year ago, but thank you for writing this :)
    It's kinda hard to argue an opinion when there are so many against you, but I do agree and I think that you have quite a few strong points that debunk a lot of pro-choice arguments. Stay strong :)

over 3 years ago
  • e

but you're ignoring so many ... ugh.

over 4 years ago
  • Kaitlyn ❄

You have many grammatical errors and your argument is not strong. You are making an appeal to emotion which may work but it is not a good argument to have. You could really make a good argument but your points are just not strong enough.

over 4 years ago